I was born & raised on a farm in Tilley, AB and am a 4th generation County of Newell resident. My late father, Gordon, and my mother, Alice, understood the importance of contributing to the community. My Dad ran for County Counselor in the Newell County back in the 80s. Like him, I believe in good governance and fiscal responsibility. Over the years, I have been a part of many businesses and boards which gave me extensive experience in budgeting, insurance, real estate, and agriculture. I currently have an active career as an independent financial advisor and due to my flexible hours, I am able to pursue the Ward 5 County candidacy. I am married to an amazing woman, Leona, and am a father to 3 wonderful daughters (and 2 pretty cool sons-in-laws).
What is important to me in Ward 5 & the County of Newell?
1) Fiscal Responsibility at the County level.
2) Faster Internet Options for Rural communities.
3) Expand recreational opportunities (pathways, facilities).
4) Encourage Community involvement.
5) Rural Crime Reduction & Safety
6) Research & utilize Provincial & Federal Grant Money for the betterment of our community.