John Petrie for Brooks Mayor
As Mayor, I would . . .
- focus on Economic Development, which includes business retention and explore opportunities such as, plant protein processing, being part of the southeast hydrogen hub, tourism and warehousing potential.
- explore per capita funding for Arts, Culture and Heritage, to incubate cultural events for Brooks.
- investigate the possibility of lighted pathways to increase usage and safety.
- look into beautifying the Trans Canada Highway.
- continue to work on doctor recruitment and young professionals.
- continue building a strong relationship with the County of Newell and the EID.
- encourage a greater commitment to recycling and continue with pursuing our Waste to Energy project.
- continue to promote our community and build our relationships with newcomers.
Experience I Bring . . .
- Over 27 years of marketing, sales and management experience
- 40+ years of community involvement
Brooks Lakeside Spurs Director
Brooks Flag Football League
EID Men’s Slow Pitch League
’89 Summer Games Media Chairperson
Chamber of Commerce President
Brooks Rotary President
Brooks Air Cadet President
Brooks Nursery School Board President
School Trustee [7 years]
Brooks Rec Board Member
Cactus Pheasant Classic Board Member
2017 Southern Alberta Summer Games Committee
NJAC Media Chairperson
FCSS Board Member
Arts, Culture and Heritage Board Member
Newell Regional Tourism Board Member
Community Futures Board Member
Newell Wellness Team Board Member
Communities in Bloom Board Member
Meals on Wheels Volunteer