I was raised here in Brooks. I left for Calgary and Lethbridge to pursue my education, and when I came back almost 8 years later, I fell in love with my hometown in a whole new way. My husband and I decided to settle in, buy a home, and raise our kids in this awesome community. I deeply care about my city and the growth and development that it can take on in the future. I see the potential that Brooks has and I am deeply committed to working towards creating the community that we all want to live in, right now- not sometime in the future.
I am ambitious, creative, and passionate, and I would be a strong and capable voice at city hall. I would be honoured if the citizens of Brooks would allow me to work for them. My door is always open, and I encourage anyone to contact me via Facebook, Instagram, or email.
Values You Want at City Hall
Priorities That I Would Bring to Council
- Innovation and Fresh Ideas
- Open and Approachable Communication
- Family and Community Focused Leadership
Keep services and costs of living affordable
Increase opportunities to shop locally; keep growing and attracting local businesses/investments in the business sector
- A top priority for all citizens of Brooks
Expand and increase community events that bring social development to our city.
- Keep consumers spending their money in Brooks
- Increased job opportunities and overall economic growth
Social development is the heart of a community
- Events that bring people together and/or promote wellness are vital
Build on recent tourism growth and expand to bring more tourism to the city and County of Newell area.
- Further develop opportunities for youth around the community
- Our large young population demands more opportunities for youth outside of school.
- Developing the green space at the rodeo grounds would create another space for youth and families.
- Tourism creates seasonal jobs for youth, brings money to local businesses, and attracts outside investment to our city.
- Contributes to our unique identity within the province.
email@example.com Marissa Wardrop for Brooks City Council @wardropforbrookscitycouncil